Monday, February 27, 2012

National Nutrition Month "Bulletin Boarding" & Kashi Dinners!

I feel like It was just 5 minutes ago I was rushing out the door to my monday morning class and I'm already back in my apartment sitting down for dinner. Today was one of thoes "Go, hurry, don't stop" kind of days.

I felt good to check a lot of things off my To-Do list!

Favorite daily accomplishment:
 I'm a Diet Analysis Intern for the Health Center at UMD and my partner Alex and I completed all the piece to our National Nutrition Month Bulletin Board Display! Just in time too because March is National Nutrition month and Thursday will be the first day of March!

The theme of our board was Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics slogan " Get Your Plate In Shape"
This is the figure in the middle of the sun that might be hard to make out from my picture!

Seven Tips For Getting your Plate in Shape This March: 


1. Fill 1/2 your plate with fruits and veggies
2. Make at least 1/2 of your grains whole grains
3. Switch to low fat or fat free milk
4. Enjoy your food but eat less
5. Be physically active your way
6.Vary your protein choices
7. Cut back on sodium and empty calories from solid fats and added sugars

For more National Nutrition Month fun,resources, and education you can visit www.eatright.org

After two long classes, a lab, and "Bulletin Boarding" my new verb, I got back to my apartment kind of  late and pretty tired. I was definitely not in the mood to cook since all my creative juices were spent on the "Bulletin Boarding" so I went my freezer for my go to dinner: Kashi's Mayan Harvest Bake! While freezer meals can never replace a well cooked meal. Kashi's entree's are a  nutritious substitute on a busy night.

 The mayan harvest bake is plantains, black beans, sweet potatoes, kale, kashi 7 whole grain pilaf & polenta spicy Ancho Sauce.
I was scared to try it at first but I love it! The plantains always have a rich flavor and the ingredients are always high quality with Kashi!

No comments:

Post a Comment