I feel like It was just 5 minutes ago I was rushing out the door to my monday morning class and I'm already back in my apartment sitting down for dinner. Today was one of thoes "Go, hurry, don't stop" kind of days.
I felt good to check a lot of things off my To-Do list!
Favorite daily accomplishment:
The theme of our board was Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics slogan " Get Your Plate In Shape"
Seven Tips For Getting your Plate in Shape This March:
1. Fill 1/2 your plate with fruits and veggies
2. Make at least 1/2 of your grains whole grains
3. Switch to low fat or fat free milk
4. Enjoy your food but eat less
5. Be physically active your way
6.Vary your protein choices
7. Cut back on sodium and empty calories from solid fats and added sugars
For more National Nutrition Month fun,resources, and education you can visit www.eatright.org
After two long classes, a lab, and "Bulletin Boarding" my new verb, I got back to my apartment kind of late and pretty tired. I was definitely not in the mood to cook since all my creative juices were spent on the "Bulletin Boarding" so I went my freezer for my go to dinner: Kashi's Mayan Harvest Bake! While freezer meals can never replace a well cooked meal. Kashi's entree's are a nutritious substitute on a busy night.