Sunday, February 5, 2012

Banana Walnut Bread


This Morning I woke up in the mood to get my bake on! I decided on creating a whole wheat banana walnut bread. Here’s the recipe: 
  • 2 cups whole wheat flour 
  • 2 mashed bananas 
  • 1/2 cup honey 
  • 4 egg whites beaten until fluffy 
  • 1/2 low fat butter milk
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon 
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1/2 cup walnuts
I mixed all the dry ingredients in one bowl. Then combined the the butter, milk, applesauce, honey, and vanilla extract in another bowl. I put the egg whites in a 3rd bowl and beat until they were nice and fluffy. Then folded the eggs and the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and waaaahhhh laaaa!! 
By the way I adapted the recipee from an awesome nutrition blog: http://sarabconsulting.blogspot.com/2010/03/banana-applesauce-bread.html
…The flavor is great the consistency…not perfect I’ll post again when I’ve perfected the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment