Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My New TO GO Protein Breakfast!

I was in the baking mood tonight and wanted to make something high in protein and specifically I wanted to make something I had all the ingredients to in my fridge. I also wanted something that would give more time in the mornings so I can maximize my run time. With these high protein whole grain muffins I can grab them on the go for a healthy start to my day.


 I came up with:

Apple Cinnamon Coconut Protein Muffins

Ingredients:
1 cup whole wheat flour 
3Tbsp vanilla protein powder
2 egg whites 
3 Tbsp flax seed 
1 Tbsp Cinnamon 
1/2 cup apple sauce 
3 Tbsp Craisins (just sounded good :) )  
1 tsp baking soda 
1 tsp baking powder 

Directions: 

Preheat oven to 350F. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and stir until combined. I added a table spoon water to add just a little more liquid. Sperate into 6 muffin containers and bake for 30 minutes. 


I ate my first on with peanut butter and a greek yogurt! YUM :) 

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1 muffins
Amount per Serving: Calories 128, Calories from Fat 19.3
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 2.15g 3%
Saturated Fat 1.43g 7%
Cholesterol 14.04mg 4%
Sodium 74.55mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 20.19g6%
Dietary Fiber 2.25g 8%
Sugars 3.28g
Protein 9.61g 19%

Est. Percent of Calories from:

Fat 15%
Carbs 62%
Protein 29%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calories needs.

1 comment: