Sunday, February 5, 2012

My HIgh Protein Breakfast


Breakfast is without a doubt my favorite meal of the day! I wasn’t always a breakfast eater. When I started college nutrition got put on the back burner and my day would start with a single cup of coffee (UGH). I am amazed how I made it through my days back then! Now, as I start my final semester of college I couldn’t imagine skipping breakfast! I am happy to acknowledge if there’s anything my five years of studies taught me it is the importance of breakfast. I am a better student, athlete, and person when I start my day out right! Here is one of my go-to breakfasts:  Veggie Egg White Omelet & Peanut Butter Toast!
Ingredients:
  • ½ cup egg beaters
  • 1 reduced fat cheese stick
  • As many veggies as desired
  • Deli style 100% whole wheat sandwich thins
  • 1 Tbsp peanut butter
  • a sprinkle of cinnamon
My ingredients of choice: 



The Nutrition Facts: 
317 calories
28 grams protein
13 grams of fat
30 grams of carbs

Putting It all together: 
Whala!!

No comments:

Post a Comment