Friday, March 2, 2012

Procrastination Chef

I decided to take the night to catch up on school work and and try some new recipes...

First experiment:
Kale chips
Ingredients:
1/2 bunch kale
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp Mr Dash
1 Tsp red pepper (if you like things hot!)


Preheat oven to 350 F. wash and de-steam kale. Dry kale and toss in the oil and seasoning. Then spread the kale evenly on a flat baking sheet covered with foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes! You'll love the result!

Second Experiment...

Buckwheat Flour coconut muffins

Now this recipe was much more of an experiment because I was attempting to make Lemon Blueberry Buckwheat Bakes until I realized I was missing a few ingredients!! (including a medium sized baking dish) The result= 3 interesting muffins!

Ingredients: 

1/4 cup Buckwheat flour
 1/4 cup egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup frozen berries
1 Tbsp coconut shreds
2 Tbsp skim milk
1 Tbsp flax seed (ground)
1 Tbsp honey

Preheat the oven to 375. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ingredients in the other. Then mix them together until just combined! I'll have to play with the proportions if I like these Muf's at breakfast time because right now the ingredients make an awkward 3 muffins!

...Ok time to actually get my work done.


No comments:

Post a Comment